Recipe Management System
Recipe Management System is an advanced PLC based recipe management and control system using eight silos. The system has been specifically designed for Shan foods.
The system mainly comprises of the following:
- PLC control panel consisting of Siemens S7-300 CPU-226 PLC with digital and analog input / output modules.
- Siemens Touch Screen as HMI. The screen provides comprehensive real-time data on mixing process. It also facilitates recipe creation and editing.
- Weight measurement system consisting of pancake type and rectangle type load cells which delivers 4 – 20 mA signal varying with the mixer weight. This analog signal is interfaced with analog input module attached with the PLC.
- VFD panel consisting of DELTA inverters to drive the three phase gear motors.
PLC based Recipe Management System offers a full set of flexible data collection capabilities that give you a better understanding of operations while simplifying management. It helps you maximize productivity and reduce costs.
Some of the salient features of the system are:
- Automatic weigh feeding of material.
- Continuous display of target and current weighing for monitoring.
- Provision for manual operation and testing
- System parameters editing.
- Load cells tearing
- Customize reporting on all PLC events and alarms
There are two independent sequences in a PLC based RMS , one dedicated for weighing & batching and other for mixing & grinding.